One of my most popular posts here at New Nostalgia is How to Hull a Strawberry Using a Straw. In that post I asked for readers to share their favorite way to eat strawberries, and I got one of the best tips for making the Easiest Chocolate Covered Strawberries from a sweet reader.
Ilyana sent an email and told me that she makes Chocolate Covered Strawberries by melting Dove chocolates. She said "these are the best chocolate covered strawberries I have ever tasted and friends and family agree. They're a fav."
Easiest Chocolate Covered Strawberries
(a no recipe, recipe)
1. Wash and FULLY DRY berries before dipping.
2. Bring the berries to room temperature
3. Unwrap a bag of Dove milk chocolates and place in a quart Pyrex measure cup.
4. Melt in the microwave about 10 seconds at a time, stirring each time until melted. It melts pretty quickly and stays melted long enough to dip at least a large cookie sheet of large berries.
5. Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet then into the fridge to set.
Yum! (or in Ilyana's words--Crazy Good!)
~Do not get even a drop of water in the chocolate or it will seize up.
~Keep the green stems on and use them to hold on to the strawberry while dipping. The green makes for a very pretty strawberry.
~When dipping, turn the strawberry into a circle, until the entire bottom is covered.
~You can also use this recipe to dip graham crackers, bananas or pretzels.
~This would also be a great Valentines Day recipe.
I am going to make these this weekend for Easter as a family treat. We are going to go to our Saturday evening church service, which is a first for our family. We are going on Saturday to avoid Sunday morning crowds and have time to drive an hour on Sunday to be with extended family. I thought Chocolate Covered Strawberries would be the perfect Easter treat to come home to.